Booking and Payment
Thank you for your interest in booking a photo shoot. Payment in full must be made in advance in order to secure your booking. Make sure that we have confirmed a shoot date and that you understand my terms and conditions before you make payment.
Pay by Credit Card (powered by Stripe)
How it Works
Here is a basic breakdown of my system.
- First, you need to decide on a set of potential shoot dates. The more flexible you can be, the better. Next, contact me to see if I’m available on one of those days. We might also schedule a backup.
- After we’ve agreed on a date, come to the website and pay the booking fee. This secures your shooting date. Your date is not reserved until payment has been received (if you really want to pay in cash, you can meet me in person).
- When the day arrives, we shoot (unless the weather is terrible of someone gets sick). We all show up at the agreed upon location and I’ll take lots and lots of pictures, then I’ll post low-resolution unedited copies to a private gallery and I’ll send you a link (likely on Dropbox).
- You look at the gallery and choose 10 photos for me to edit. I edit the photos, then send put them in a Dropbox folder for you to download.
- If you like lots of images in your gallery and want more than the 10 images that come with the package, you can pay for them separately. I’ll send you a link for payment via Stripe (or come find me and may cash).
- You can reschedule shoots with 48 hours notice. I cannot guarantee availability on any day unless we have set aside a rain day. More than one client may be scheduled on the same rain day.
- Last-minute cancellations are possible in the event of illness or emergencies. A re-booking fee may be required to reschedule.
- If the weather is lousy, we’ll reschedule. Lousy weather is defined as rain, excessive wind or skies that are so grey they aren’t worth photographing. Overcast skies often make for the best photos, as long as there is contrast in the clouds.
- If you ghost me and don’t show up for the shoot, you don’t get a refund and if you later want to reschedule, you have to pay for another session.
Rights to Images
- Photographer retains copyright ownership of all images. Client gets unlimited rights to usage and distribution in perpetuity.
- I will deliver high-resolution digital images only (in JPG format). You can print as many copies as you like, in whatever formats or media you like (for example, 8×10 desktop, t-shirt printing, etc.).
- Unless otherwise explicitly agreed, I can use the images I shoot of you and your family on my website and in my advertising. I will not sell the rights to your images to any third party.